Across the country, communities are rallying support to focus on student success in Science, Technology, Engineering and
Math (STEM) education. The NFA Centers of Inspiration provide a holistic approach to inspiring student interest and
engaging them in order to keep them challenged and excited about pursing STEM curriculum. The A.I.R. program takes
place onboard Ambition, located on the grounds of the National Naval Aviation museum in Pensacola, Florida. For multiple
days, 8th – 11th graders compete against each other in engaging and intense real-life scenarios that combine the thrill of
flight with critical thinking techniques.
• Student must have a minimum GPA 3.0 and Submit one (1) letter of recommendation
(Recommendation from Teacher, Community or Church)
• Currently enrolled in middle/high school - grades 8th– 11th
. The maximum age is 17 years old by June 18, 2017.
• Complete a 1 (one) page Essay “Why Should I be Selected to Attend.” Base your essay on the National Flight Academy’s goals
• Application and Essay must be completed no later than May 18, 2017.
• Selected students will be interviewed as part of the selection process. Notification of interview date will be emailed after all documents are received. Recommendation letter can be attached to the online application
Program Sponsored by the Delta Air Lines. Free to students who are selected.
• Overnight Quarters and Catered Meals
• Hands on Experience with our State of the Art Simulators - Access to educational technology
• Immersive Experience of living and working on an Aircraft Carrier
Every day the schedule begins at 06:30 with reveille. Ambition Experimental Pilots (AEPs) are given time for a shower and
personal care, nutritious breakfast, and called to their assigned stations by 0800. AEPs will be briefed on the days' actionpacked
mission and will work together to create a master plan, flight map, and debrief following the completion of everymission.
Following an action-packed week, the Ambition Experimental Pilots' squadron Commanders, Captain, and Admiral will
host a graduation ceremony to celebrate the AEPs' major accomplishments. The ceremony will include awards, trophies,
personal recognition, and inspiring activities surrounding this exciting accomplishment.
To register, go to the OBAP website at www.obap.org and select Project Aerospace, Youth Programs, and click on National
Flight Academy - ATL/Minneapolis. Or copy and paste: http://www.obap.org/national-flight-academy-atl-min.
Limited space available, register today!
Please contact Albert Glenn at email@example.com for questions.